Getty Images

Eight Students Taken To The Hospital After Ingesting An 'Unknown Substance' At A Virginia High School

Jeff Katz
June 11, 2019 - 5:12 pm

Multiple students from Southampton High School have been taken to the hospital after they ingested an unknown substance. 

The Southampton County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release the substance the students ingested caused them to feel ill. Southampton Memorial Hospital said eight students - ranging in age from 14 to 16 years old - were in “good” condition at the Franklin hospital as of 3 p.m.

According to the release, the substance has been identified as candy that a student was handing out. That student has been identified and is being questioned by deputies.